ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management
- Duration: 4 days - delivered approx 1 day per fortnight
- Cost: £529 plus VAT
- Ref: SPL3AAM
Team leaders and first line managers are the lifeblood of any successful organisation, directly responsible for front line staff. They hold the key to good organisational performance and can have a significant impact on the bottom line.
Who is it for?
This qualification is aimed at team leaders or first line managers. It’s enables the development of skills, knowledge and understanding needed to lead a team and manage effectively. It’s highly practical and will enhance day to day skills and performance with immediate effect.
What is is about?
It's a training programme that is designed to help future business managers and leaders gain the skills and understanding they need to successfully lead and manage. It covers how manage a team briefing successfully and will help participants to develop practical management skills such as coaching for improved performance and how to deal with conflict effectively.
This programme will provide participants with a nationally recognised qualifications; Institute of Leadership & Management Level 3 Award/Certificate in Leadership & Management.
4 full day workshops delivered one day per fortnight for a period of 12 weeks
Understanding Team Leadership
- Understanding the programme and its style
- Personal objectives and how to get the most out of the programme
- The purpose of organisations - vision, mission, values
- The role of the team leader/manager in delivering results
- Action centred leadership - self assessment
- Managing the basics - achieve the task, build the team, develop individuals
- Organising work
- The management planning cycle
- Successful time management
- Understanding the stages in team development
- The characteristics of effective teams (and how to get them in your team)
- Setting targets and managing results
- Using feedback to keep performance on track and nip problems in the bud
- Benefits of delegation and reasons for doing it
- Delegation and empowerment - developing practical delegation techniques
- Keeping people motivated
Management and Leadership Skills
- Management vs leadership - knowing when each is needed
- What are the qualities of leadership?
- Choosing the best style to suit the situation/person
- Stages and techniques for problem solving with individuals and groups
- Effective decision making processes
- Leading and managing people through change
Gelling the Best out of People
- Different methods of communication and when they are appropriate
- Verbal communication - questioning and listening skills
- Managing performance and appraisal skills
- Handling difficult situations and dealing with conflict
- Behaviour breeds behaviour
- Getting to the bottom of poor performance
- Making the most of teams - roles that people take
What will I get out of it?
- An enhanced set of practical skills that will improve your performance and the performance of your team on a day-to-day basis.
- Increased confidence and greater self awareness
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Student membership with the ILM including access to a wide range of online resources and events
- Improved business results
Enhanced career prospects
Duration: 4 days - delivered approx 1 day per fortnight
Cost: £529 plus VAT
4 full day workshops:
30th Jan, 13th & 27th Feb & 13th March 2019
Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax
We'd love to hear from you. Call us on 01422 399 519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I have put into practice so much of what I learnt on this course. The time it saves me over a week I would not have believed a few months ago. Delegation and leading meetings has become a lot easier.”