Coaching Skills for Managers
- Duration: 2 days plus 3hr post course follow up
- Cost: £595 + VAT per delegate (40% funding available for SME's based in Leeds City Region)
- Ref: SPCoach11
Get better results in the workplace by improving your coaching skills with this highly practical two day course.
Who is it for
This course is perfect for people who are involved or responsible for developing others and want to develop their role as a coach in the workplace. The focus for this course is on using coaching as an improvement tool and helping people to perform to their maximum potential. Coaching, used properly, is really effective in helping employees to address issues such as low confidence and self belief and provides an effective way of helping individuals to develop their performance to very high standards. Delegates attending this programme can feel confident in their ability to coach professionally.
* Learners who have achieved the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management can use this course to gain credits towards an ILM Level 5 Certificate qualification with the successful completion of another work based assignment on Coaching in Practice - enquire for further details.
What is it about
This experiential course aims to give you the practical skills to coach people effectively back in the workplace. You will learn models for coaching that you can successfully use with individuals and teams. You will have the opportunity to practice the skills of being a coach, a coachee and an observer and receive feedback from colleagues and the course facilitator/s on your coaching skills performance.
The programme has two primary objectives:
- To provide participants with an understanding of coaching and its role in improving the performance of others
- To develop participants’ skills to perform effectively as workplace coaches
- Understand the importance of coaching and how this activity fits in to organisations
- Explore and recognise the difference between training, coaching, mentoring and managing performance
- Identify the skills needed to be an effective coach
- To develop knowledge of Coaching models
- Practice the GROW model and enable delegates to assess their own coaching skills
- Explore other models for effectively giving feedback
- Practice giving and receiving feedback following best practice techniques
- Understand the levels of listening and be able to demonstrate active listening and observations when coaching.
- Recognise the benefits and impacts that coaching has on performance and engagement
- Be able to use powerful questions to uncover your coachee’s motivations and blockers
- Know how to create the best environment for coaching conversations
- Build an action plan for the application of learning
- Plenty of opportunity to practice and review
Post programme Review – six weeks post-course (3hrs)
- Reflecting on real life experience - keeping a coaching diary
- Overcoming challenges and refining your style
- Evaluating success against goals
- Reviewing your own coaching performance
We offer post-progarmme support through this group coaching supervision where we can review the use of coaching skills to date and support people to overcome challenges and refine the use of their skills moving forward,
What will I get out of it
- Identify your personal strengths and areas for improving your coaching skills.
- Know how coaching people towards achieving their goals can link to enhanced business performance
- Promote an open, flexible, and confident coaching relationship with people in the workplace
- Apply coaching ethics and standards appropriately in all coaching situations
- Demonstrate active listening, ask powerful questions, and use effective dialogue and feedback techniques
- Set a coaching action plan with attainable, measurable and specific goals
Duration: 2 days plus 3hr post course follow up
Cost: £595 + VAT per delegate (40% funding available for SME's based in Leeds City Region)
2nd & 3rd May 2019
Plus post course review (3hr)
Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax, West Yorkshire
We'd love to hear from you. Call us on 01422 399 519 or email us at email@example.com